10.15.2013

MEATLOAF SKILLET

ACCIDENTAL MEATLOAF SKILLET OVER CAULIFLOWER MASH

 
 
 
 
One day, I was making meatloaf and cauliflower mashed potatoes for my husband and I, I realized our oven was not working properly. I already had my meatloaf mixture mixed up and didn't know what to do! I had to cook it somehow, so I decided to cook it all up in a skillet. After it was cooked, I put the meat over the cauliflower mashed potatoes, and oh my yum! I ended up with a VERY easy, yet delicious meal! We now eat this meal regularly at our house.  
 

Ingredients:

- 1 pound ground burger
-1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup reduced sugar ketchup
-2 Tbls Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 teas Splenda or Stevia
- 1 Ideal Protein Potato Puree Packet
-1 Tbls mustard
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
 

Directions:

 
Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Cook in a skillet as if you are browning burger. Cook until meat is fully cooked. Serve over cauliflower mashed "potatoes."
 

Cauliflower Mashed "Potatoes"

-Steam 1 bag of frozen cauliflower or fresh cauliflower. (When I am in a hurry I empty a bag of frozen cauliflower in a bowl, add 1 tbls water, cover with saran wrap and heat in the microwave for 7 minutes)
-When cauliflower is soft, put in blender or food processor with 1 ounce skim milk, 2 teas olive oil, sea salt, and pepper. Blend until the consistency of mashed potatoes.
 
Makes two servings.